The new Fono MM phono stage has been designed to be effective, easy to use, and above all, to reproduce music. The Fono MM uses a fully discrete, cascaded, complementary amplifier input stage, a configuration designed to optimise the performance of your moving magnet cartridge. Now housed in a brand new redesigned case to match the new Fono MC and Rega's latest range of electronic components offering a modern and sleek look guranteed to integrate in to any hi-fi system.
The new MK3 Fono MM replaces the multi award winning MK2 model which won
WHAT HI-FI? Best Phono stage in its price category 2014,2015 & 2016.
The RIAA equalization has been split into two stages to minimise interaction. Polyester capacitors have been used in the signal path and polypropylene capacitors are used in the RIAA equalization circuits.
The aesthetic design of the Fono MM was as important as the quality of its electrical capabilities, so it benefits from the same aluminium case as the Rega TTPSU and Fono MC amplifier, giving it a design which offers a familiar feel and moreover brings it in line with its illustrious bigger brothers.
- Input sensitivity = 1.7mV for 200mV output
- Input loading = 47KO in parallel with 100pF
- Maximum input level = 60mV at 1KHz
- Gain = 41.4dB at 1KHz Output impedance = 200O
- Recommended minimum output load resistance = 5KO
- Frequency response (50KO output load) = 15Hz (-3dB) to 100KHz (-0.2dB)
- RIAA accuracy (50KO output load) = better than +/-0.2dB 100Hz to 100KHz
- Power requirements = 24V AC at 80mA maximum.
- Only to be used with Rega PS1